Kodi Punës: 78210
Groups and Event Manager (Hospitality)
Profesionisti Recruitment Agency is a Recruitment and Consulting Agency focused on evaluating Human Resources and facilitating businesses to select the right staff. Our mission is to help our customers source and hire the most qualified professionals in select and highly skilled occupations and to help those professionals find the best job opportunities in their respective fields and further their careers.
Job position: Groups and Events Manager (Hospitality)
Contract Terms: Indefinite
Location: Gjiri i Lalëzit, Durrës, Albania.
Summary: We are looking for a motivated and dynamic personality to fulfill the Groups and Event Manager (Hospitality) position with outstanding organizational and sales skills to join the fantastic team of our International Client, one of the most significant and successful leaders in hospitality.
Mission: Responsible for maximizing profit in all areas of the hotel through the planning and coordination of groups and the contracting and planning of events, ensuring that all the group's needs and requests are properly handled and that the events take place just as planned. Co-responsible for the leadership, training, and development of the hotel's Conference Coordinators/Executives team.
Job Requirement and Functions:
- Define the Group's & Event Coordinators' goals to maximize each group/event. Train their team in effective sales during inspection visits and in moments of connection with the client/meeting planner when the group is already in-house;
- They ensure that the production (revenue) of all groups and events are duly reported in FOCUS/MICE Switch at the end of the event and before the end of the month so that the data can be uploaded to the MHI global MICE segment reports (large accounts, sales areas, etc.);
- Establish the action plan to generate business from social events and meetings with or without rooms. These actions will become part of the department's Business Plan;
- In coordination with Food and Beverage, prepare the F&B budget as well as the F&B projections (forecast) for their department;
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly Banquets and Meeting Rooms projection with the comparative analysis of each week and possible deviations, adding the details required by the Hotel Management and Sales Management;
- Combine their conference management and supervision tasks with the management of events, providing 360º coverage as if they were a Groups & Events Coordinator;
- When necessary, they prepare quotes for all requests for social events and meetings with less than ten rooms that arrive at the hotel, regardless of their origin, always intending to obtain the greatest possible business regarding catering, meeting rooms, and other hotel services. Once these services are confirmed, the corresponding service contract will be drawn up;
- Participate in Social Events, trade shows (Weddings)
- Set the calendar and lead the BEO's (service orders) meetings together with the hotel department heads
- Plan and communicate the Conference team rotas based on the events, ensuring coverage of the department even without in-house events, to assist visitors;
- Get to know and work in partnership with those external companies that provide customer services in a complementary way to the services offered by the hotel (photographers, florists, decorators, translation companies, audio-visuals, entertainers...);
- Participate in preparing their department's budget according to the set guidelines.
- Follow up on the defined budget, ensure compliance with it, and report any deviations within the department to the Business Partner. Participate in defining corrective measures to minimize negative impacts and monitor them with the Business Partner.
- Participate in the preparation of projections by providing information on their department.
- Analyze the reason for deviations, participate in defining corrective actions, and promote the implementation of disciplinary actions within their department.
- They are aware of the hotel's financial results, as well as the impact of their department on them. Convey detailed information to their team.
- To ensure the fulfillment of their department's economic goals while being aware of the hotel's financial goals and their fulfillment. Convey information to their team.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable regulations in the daily processes of their department, which affect the department's performance and internal control.
- Collaborate on departmental review points during audits and establish action plans to address the reported issues.
- Review the training plan with the hotel's General Management and HR area to propose training actions based on the team's needs.
- Be knowledgeable of the development plans and tools in Human Resources and promote their use (Melia Home, climate, development plans, Moving-Up, Graduates Programs, Code of Ethics...).
- Identify high-potential staff and actively participate in developing their team and trainees (if applicable).
- Conduct their team’s performance reviews.
- Promote the use of social media following the guidelines established by the company.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of their team and its dissemination on social media.
- Keeping track of the presence of the staff under their command and resolving any possible incidents.
- Planning work shifts, absence control, and promoting the use of the holiday period by team members.
- Inform HR of possible extensions, termination of contracts, and any other incident in their work that could lead to a warning or sanction.
- Manage payroll payments with HR (overtime, days off, night work, etc.).
- Be knowledgeable of the sizing ratios and apply the staffing guide defined for their hotel, making proposals for revision when the operation requires.
- Be knowledgeable of the Brand philosophy, ensuring optimal implementation of the standards, operations, and identity manuals that apply to their department.
- To ensure the customer experience, personalizing their stay, anticipating their needs, and exceeding their expectations.
- Manage customer incidents, communicating the actions taken to the hotel’s Guest Experience Department.
- Be knowledgeable, share the Voice of the Customer goals with their team, and ensure their fulfillment, creating and defining improvement plans if necessary.
- Be knowledgeable about the Sensory Architecture established for their areas and ensure compliance.
- Be knowledgeable of the hotel's services, facilities, entertainment program, experiences, and events, ensuring the team has all the information to promote them to guests.
Health & Safety/ Healthy Workplace
- Be knowledgeable of the hotel’s evacuation plan.
- Embrace the responsibilities assigned in the Centre's Self-Protection Manual or local equivalent in other countries.
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Procedures and Instructions.
- Be knowledgeable of the personal protection equipment in their department and ensure its correct implementation and use by means of the corresponding training actions.
- Verify proper compliance with safety regulations.
- Participate in ongoing risk assessment.
- Local language (depending on the property's location) and advanced English. A third language would be an asset.
Other Skill Required:
- University degree, preferably Tourism or Hospitality, Marketing, or similar.
- At least two years of experience.
- Knowledge of brand strategies
- Knowledge of hotel management and/or Customer Experience tools.
- Financial knowledge.
- Knowledge of Hotel Operations.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Organization and planning.
- Analytical capacity.
- Proactivity and Innovation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High vocation for service.
- Attention to detail.
To apply for this position, please submit Your CV before 28.05.2023 through the email address: [email protected]
* All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality according to law No. 9887 set by the Albanian Parliament for the "Protection of Personal Data."
Please note that only those candidates SELECTED for further consideration will be contacted.