The AADF has opened the call for application for the Master’s Degree Fellowship Program. This is a competitive fellowship program intended for Albanian professionals to study and obtain a Master’s Degree from a U.S. higher education institution in one of the following fields:
– Business Administration & Management
– Cultural Heritage
– Eco-Tourism & Hospitality
– Information Technology & Computer Science
– Public Administration
– Public Policy
AADF fully funds the Fellows’ participation in the program by covering the following costs:
- Tuition Fees
- Room and Board
- Book allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Round-trip travel
- SEVIS & Visa Fees
This merit-based program is open to anyone who meets the following requirements:
- In possession of a passport from Albania by October 2018.
- Habitual resident in Albania and residing in Albania at the time of application and during the selection process.
- Must hold a university degree requiring at least four years full-time study (or three + one, three + two in the Bologna system); The university diploma will be evaluated by the U.S host university during the selection phase.
- Preferably have a minimum of two years professional experience in the field of study and demonstrate leadership ability.
- A firm commitment to return to Albania for at least two years after the completion of the program.
- Proficiency in oral and written English. TOEFL test scores are not required at the time of application.
- Motivated with a sense of purpose in pursuing the desired study program, as demonstrated in prior relevant work experience and additional activities.
- Depending on the field of study, the candidates will sit for GRE & GMAT testing.
- Able to demonstrate an outstanding academic record and achievements. The minimum required GPA is 3.0
- Able to demonstrate professional aptitude and leadership potential in the selected field of specialization.
- Able to begin the program of study in the United States in the summer of 2019.
- Able to receive and maintain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Agree to return and reside to Albania for a minimum of two years to make a significant contribution to the relevant field and must agree to sign an agreement with AADF prior to start of academic year.
- Willing to continue close collaboration with alumni group and AADF upon return.
- Applicants who have already earned a Master’s Degree from a U.S. university will not be considered.
A complete application includes:
- Application form
- Translated and notarized copies of university diploma(s) and grade transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Academic writing sample (as required)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter from employer confirming employment
- Copy of bio page of passport
- Copies of certificates from previous trainings (valid to field of study)
AADF has partnered with American Councils for International Education to assist the placement of fellows in U.S and monitor their academic progress. The program is co-funded by the Biberaj Foundation, based in U.S.
The 2019 application for the Master’s Degree Fellowship Program is open and will be available until 11:59 PM (EST) on July 31, 2018.
To learn about the program please click on the link
The application form is available at https://www.americancouncilsnetwork.org/mip/index.php
For any question related to the program, contact the team [email protected]